Saturday 20 November 2010

Day Twenty Six - Date Day

Today I’d booked the day off work. Ciaran, my patient, bread-loving boyfriend, and I had a shopping day in Milton Keynes, and went to see Stomp perform. We hadn’t had a Date Night for a few weeks, so we planned “Date Day” today to catch up - theatre, lunch and shopping.

Having a bit more time in the morning than a normal weekday, I prepared us a potato salad for lunch. Always a winner!

Any potato salad I make always has the following ingredients:

  • Potatoes (obviously!)
  • Sweetcorn (simple, easy, healthy)
  • Light Mayo
  • Onions
  • Chives
That’s the basics. Other ingredients I like to add if I have them is little pieces of ham or small strips of bacon, fresh peppers, crunchy bacon bits, capers, or peas. Although, peas and capers are unadvisable in the same dish as it’s hard to tell them apart – cue the occasional shock to your taste buds!

Nicely full, we left for Date Day. Stomp were fantastic, and we got some great clothes from our mini shopping spree - all in all, a great date!

Bloat-o-meter: 1/10 - I lurrrrrve potato salad!

Louise x

Find me on my Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment