Monday 1 November 2010

My first bread-free weekend

I admit it, I cheated a little on my first weekend day of being bread-free. I woke up so late (both days…) that this weekend I had breakfast for lunch. A healthy bowl of muesli and a banana. Boring but satisfying, and I successfully avoided sandwiched, toast and bread accompaniments all weekend.

Sunday evening I got Runny Tummy Syndrome. I don’t know what caused it… too much mashed swede with our roast chicken maybe? Not fun! Normally I’d mop up my insides with a sandwich, but no, I’m not allowed! Crisps were my alternative, as amazingly I had finished the last of the BOGOF Ryvita’s. Unhealthy, dirty food, but so satisfying.

They didn’t have the desired effect, which is where the Immodium came in. This was not a good first weekend. The tablets did what they were intended to and I felt like I had a brick in my stomach for the next 2 days.

Bloat-o-meter: 10/10. And I hadn’t even eaten any bread! Eurgh!

Louise x

Find me on my Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment