Tuesday 23 November 2010

The final weekend

The final weekend of my bread-free month challenge.

Saturday, Ciaran was late home from work. Starving, I sneaked a slice of toast. I know, I know, naughty me, but there was nothing else in the cupboard to snack on. I'd have had to cook half a dinner if I hadn't cheated and eaten that wholesome, healthy wholemeal slice. We have no food! Sunday is catered for and shopping isn't done until Monday in our house!

Quote of the day:
"Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant."
 - The Bible, Proverbs 9:17.

Incidently, I found an amusing post online today, comparing men to slices of toast. Click here to read "Men are Toast", the short article by Brie Gatchalian.

On Sunday I had lunch out with a friend who was visiting from Stoke. We both had fish cakes – a brilliant alternative to a bread-y burger, naan bread and curry, sandwich or wrap in Las Iguanas. Yummy! 100% success rate today at least.

Bloat-o-meter: 2/10 - I'll add a point for my cheat on Saturday

Louise x

Find me on my Facebook page


No comments:

Post a Comment