Wednesday 27 October 2010

Day Three - My new best friend, Rita Ryvita

Left-over houmous from Day One was my Ryvita topping of choice today. I hope this doesn't turn into a Ryvita diet - how boring! The houmous expiry date was disappointingly short though, so I had to eat it today. I'm a Recycling Ofifcer so I can't waste anything!  Sliced cherry tomatoes complimented the caramelised onion mixture I wrapped my chops around today. Lovely! 

Four hours later...

I am starving!!! I think I need to eat about 6-8 Ryvita crackers with a topping to making it to the gym after work without the shakes. Of course, that’s not all I eat for lunch – the lunchbox kits is completed with a piece of fruit and a slice of cake normally. I'm just noting the lunch alternatives to bread here, and obviously I need to eat more!

"If bread is the first necessity of life, recreation is a close second" (Edward Bellamy).

Don’t tell anyone, especially Mr Bellamy, but I'm skipping the gym this afternoon!

See the national Love Food Hate Waste website for advice on sell-by dates, leftover recipes, and tips on how to reduce food waste.

Bloat-o-meter: 1/10 - another (hungry) bread-free day  

Lou x

Find me on my Facebook page

 

No comments:

Post a Comment