Thursday 28 October 2010

Day Four - Samosas and Troublesome Tots

I had a couple of samosas for lunch today instead of the dreaded bloating sandwich round – lovely! Although I don’t think my colleagues will appreciate the curry aroma for the rest of the afternoon…   

I have a slightly different slant on today’s blog entry. A friend of mine was voicing her concerns to me that her 14 month year old only eats bread. Well, me being a born and “bread” fan of this staple foodstuff, and being off bread completely for a whole month, she thought I’d have some advice to help.

Little Miss Hovis (as we’ll call her) used to be a good eater but now refuses all food at mealtimes other than bread and bite sized fruit, for example strawberries. Even though this habit is at least letting her feed herself, it’s extremely limiting, both for the child’s diet and for ideas for mum who’s cast here as a Yummy Mummy.

I suggested Little Miss Hovis widens her platter a little. It means a little bit more work for Yummy Mummy, but what about baking eggy bread for lunch? Fruit bread, different stuffed baguettes, (there was a delicious looking steak one on Jamie's 30 Min Meals this week!), olive bread, dried tomato bread, croissants, cheesy baps…

It could simply be however, that Yummy Mummy’s daughter just wanting to feed herself. An independent woman already! In this case, I’d recommend widening the choice of finger food. Try:

  • Boiled egg and toasted soldiers
  • Celery and carrot sticks
  • Sausage rolls
  • Cheese and crackers
  • Mini pizzas
  • Cereal bars
The list is endless!

See you tomorrow...

Bloat-o-meter: 2/10

Louise x

Find me on my Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment